Saturday, November 27, 2010

NaNoWriMo coming to a close

Only 4 days left on NaNoWriMo.  It's been an interesting experience.  I've learned that I am only good for a couple of thousand words a day no matter how much time I set aside.  I don't have a good answer as to why, except that maybe I'm easily distracted.  I will ahve a different plan for next year.  This year I have been almost perpetually behind the curve.  I started out just over the line for the first week, then fell back and have been trying to catch up ever since. 


I have less than 8,ooo words to go, so I should be able to do it and I'm not close to finishing the story.  That's ok, I just wanted to get a leg up on the story, so I would have something to work on after I finish Vim Dicare and the editing thereof.


I think I will try again next year, I don't think I've been too horrible to my family during this time.  Next year the plan will be to get as far out in front early on as I possibly can.  I am also hoping that doing this for 30 days will create a new habit of writing, that will propel me to finishing the first novel. 


Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...