Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Belated Blog Awards and NaNoWriMo!


I’ve been strangely busy in the evenings the last couple of weeks; either that or I’ve been playing too much on World of Warcraft of my new beta test group Star Wars the Old Republic!  Can’t really talk about that but suffice to say it’s pretty damned awesome. 

I’ve been meaning to put up my new blog award for several weeks, and just got another one, so I’m putting them both up together.

Many thanks to Megan Lollman!  Her blog is Megan Rae Lollman: Words from an aspiring author from the Midwest.  She awarded me the Liebster Blog Award, which is aimed to showcase bloggers with less than 200 followers.  The rules:


1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who bestowed the award on you
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love
5. Have bloggity-blog fun!


I don’t want to overdo this, I don’t have 5 that I read regularly that have less than 200 and a few of these probably have more than that.  In fact I’m combining the two awards for these links.
So without further ado:
  1. Jami Gold @ JamiGold.com – Seriously, you need to read her blog, she’s not published yet but has an amazing knack for giving great writing or blogging advice.  Get in early!
  2. Stacy McKitrick @ Stacy’s Rantings and Whatnot, she’s my writing partner and is working on her 3rd novel, she’s awesome!
  3. Tess Hardwick @ Tess Hardwick | Inspiration for Ordinary Life – She is published and her first novel just came out! 
  4. Karen Woodward @ Karen Woodward: A blog about writing, just met her recently, but she has a new book out also!
  5. Russell Blake @ Russell Blake – He is another person I recently met on twitter, but he has an impressive blog on writing also, great stuff!


I mentioned that I got a second award recently, from my friend Stacy McKitrick.  The Versatile Blogger Award.  Thank you Stacy!  That is step one.  I’m supposed to tell you seven facts about myself. And then pick 15 people to pass this to.

7 Random facts…
  1. I graduated from college 25 years ago, and am very close to committing to a master’s program all these years later.
  2.  I’m bald, I shave my head, but there isn’t much on top to shave and what’s left is grey and I just don’t feel that old (most days)
  3.  I’m pretty short, I was vying for the shortest in my class with one other guy in elementary school, I think he ended up shorter than me, but I would really rather have been 6’8" and able to play strong forward.
  4. I love rock music, especially stuff with lots of guitar.  I like contemporary stuff just as much or better than the old stuff.  My current favorites are Radiohead, Breaking Benjamin and Alter Bridge, but I love Adele’s new album too.
  5. I own a horse, 3 dogs and 3 cats.  Funny how they accumulate…
  6. I love to play MMORPGs, I wish I didn’t (too many wasted hours), but I think I’ve spoiled my kids into being gamers also.  Can’t wait for December 20th, when Star Wars: The Old Republic goes live.
  7. I can’t see small print anymore without using glasses and that really bums me out, as I used to have 20-12 vision (that’s really good)


I’m not going to nominate anyone though, I think 5 is enough.  I really do appreciate the awards though.  Thank you both again!

Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?  I am still debating it.  My wife really didn’t enjoy watching me slave over the computer last November, so, unless I can get her involved this year I probably will sit it out this year.  I have a lot on my plate anyway.  I may still do it, but I will be cheering on everyone else either way!  If you are doing it let me point you to a few place for some good advice.

Chuck Wendig is cheerleading for NaNoWriMo:

Kristen Lamb is also giving out advise:

Larry Brooks is also doing a series to get ready:

Clear Ether!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out! I don't do Nano, but I'm a good cheerleader. :) (Not really--because I'm such a klutz--but let's pretend. LOL!) Let me know if you decide to go for it.

    Signed, Someone who doesn't need reading glasses yet, but needs bright light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NaNo is a huge time commitment, on top of everything else we normally do, but it is rewarding in its own way. I'm pretty good at pretending, so I just think of you with pomp poms. =) Thanks for the comment Jami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a bad blogger. I can't believe I haven't seen your most recent post until now (just too damn busy, I guess). Thanks for the award.

    No, I don't plan on doing NaNo. I got enough stress without it. As it is, I'm behind in my weekly word count, so I need to get me some writing done now. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...