Thursday, November 22, 2012

Holiday events, life in the Moody House

I love Thanksgiving!  It has turned into probably my favorite holiday. My wife and I shop together and prep the stuffing and turkey together.  I love cooking with her. After the bird is in the oven we have about 4 hours to relax, and call family.  It would be great if we were all together but our family is spread all over the country. 

Today we watched a Kung Fu movie together, about one of Bruce Lee's mentors. Grand Master Ip Man, starring Donnie Yen. It was really enjoyable. 

The turkey came out golden brown and perfectly moist and delicious, just like always and all the other fixins were hot, and scrumptious. The timing worked out just right.  We gorged!


Afterwards, I plugged in all my timers for the outdoor Christmas lights today, so the lights are on outside. We did all the prep work a few weeks ago when the weather was nice, got all our clean-up yard work done and all the outside decorations up. 

Over the course of the last few weeks my wife has been bringing out her plethora of wonderful Christmas decorations. She loves to decorate for Christmas and it really makes the house feel very festive. This year she got a great idea from one of her magazines, using candy in clear glass containers to make a beautiful decoration and we went with it. It is one of my favorite new things she added.  Also the White garland is new and both are captured in this shot.

My Nano adventure has been less than prolific but I am making progress. Unless I am struck by some sort of writing miracle I am not going to hit 50k by the end of November this year,  I just can't  pump out ten thousands words in a day. My brain doesn't seem to work that way. But I'm not giving up or getting upset about it, I just keep plugging along.

I did get excepted into my Master's Program!  Yay me! I had to prep a ten page piece for critique.  I'm expecting to receive papers from all the other students in my class to critique before I show up in early January.  I also had a read a book for class, Fated by Alyson Noel, and I just finished it this week.  So, all told, I've been busy, with work on top of all that. I liked the book, it's YA and supposed to be romance but it was light on romance.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and good luck to all you Nanoers out there!

Clear Ether!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...