Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm Baaaaack!

I’m in a good place right now.   I finished Air War College a few weeks ago, and then my father-in-law took all his kids and grandkids (including me) to Disney World for a week.  We had a wonderful time together despite the fact that it rained every day.  We all got along; nobody got hurt or sick or sunburned.  Just so happened to be a Star Wars Weekend also, and for anyone that knows me or my family that was a big deal.  Only downside was my boys’s aggravation with the sporadic internet in our room.  We also went to Universal Studios for a day and the Harry Potter castle ride is probably the best ride I’ve ever been on.  All-in-all an awesome trip! 
Now I’m back to work and we actually don’t have any major deployments or inspections this summer. It’s the first time in a very long time that we have the summer off to focus on training and getting in some R&R for our people here.  I’m turning my focus back to writing and revising my novel and working out.  Both are going slower than I would prefer but I’m getting on track and have the first chapter in the can now.  I’m not touching it again until a Beta reader sees it. (For those of you that offered to Beta read, I might actually have something to send out by the end of summer)
I also got my package in for the Master’s program and I’m waiting to hear if they accept me.  The ideas are percolating again and I actually added some nice touches to open the book and I’m excited to get through the revision. I have probably one more pass for key words and a read-out-loud pass to do before I call it completely done, but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I’m about a quarter of the way through right now and if I can avoid playing Diablo 3 or Star Wars: The Old Republic I should be ready to start on book 2 before the summer is over.  I’ve already started outlining it, which is something new for me. 
Oh yeah, I still need to do a synapsis and update my query letter.  At this point I am leaning toward trying to get an agent, instead of self-publishing, but I’m not locked in to that if it drags out.
My output on this blog has fallen off quite a bit, but the things that were blocking me have been lifted.  I may change my format a little to try to do this more frequently, we’ll see how that goes.  Anywho, I’m back in the saddle.
Clear Ether!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! And Air War College? How fun is that? Okay, I'm guessing it sounds way funner than it probably was, but still. I can envision guys (in camo pants, without shirts) hanging out of helicopters shooting nerf guns at each other if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Teri, it was ...nevermind, I don't want to burst your bubble. =)
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...