Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Calling all cars ... err... beta readers!


I am mere weeks away from having my novel ready for Beta Readers.   My excitement is palpable.  I wasn’t this excited when I finished the 1st draft, but the thought that I can actually start the agent/publisher search for real is something I’ve looked forward to for a long time.  Before that happens I’d like to get the book into the hands of a few more seasoned readers that know my genres.   If you like vampires and Sci Fi adventure then this book may be up your alley.  It’s a character driven story, though, not a Michael Bey movie.   I would like to get some readers that like science fiction and can give constructive feedback.  I’m actually still looking for one more writing partner if anyone is interested in swapping some comprehensive edits.   Hiring an editor for a comprehensive edit will run about a grand and that’s nothing to sneeze at.


The 1st draft ran 576 pages double-spaced Courier New 12 pitch, 128,593 words.  So it’s not a light undertaking.  I have no idea at the moment the exact length as I’ve broken it back into chapters for the revisions.  It’s much easier to digest in chunks, and I think I’ve added as much as I’ve subtracted.  I still want to make one more pass to try to tighten it up just a little more.

I’ve been following all the news and discussion going on with both traditional and micro-publishing, and I’m going to put my foot in the water with traditional publishing and see how it feels.   I’ve had my eye on a few agents for some time now and will get the chance to see if I have what it takes to hook one.  I’m putting the finishing touches on and starting the synopsis and reworking the query letter.   

If you want to get in on the ground floor of a novelist with aspirations of being a career professional, now’s your chance!  Contact me at kardaen at gmail dot com if you are interested in either beta reading or a writing partnership.   Do I have to say serious inquiries only?  I didn’t think so.  =)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Todd!
    I tried critiquing on our drive home, but realized I can't work the stupid mouse on my computer in the car. And once I got home, life has gotten hectic. But the Christmas package mailing will be completed tomorrow and it looks like I may get to your story this weekend. It's my goal anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy, it's all done now. I can give you as much as you want. I appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best with your project, Todd. Exciting stuff. And very cool. Keep up the great work. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...