Saturday, August 6, 2011

Inspirations to Get in Your Character's Head

     In case you missed it, I finished the 1st draft of the WIP.   You get to go on this journey with me as I move to this next phase, the rewriting phase.


     I have two main POV characters, and they are as different as night and day.  For the first pass I've decided that I am going to go back through and stay with one character's story line to the end of the book just to stay in their head and get their voice right and try to tighten up their perspective.  I have a little helper to get me in the right mindset -- it's called music.  =)



     Do you like to listen to music when you write?  I do, and I find that different types of music put me in a different mindset while I write.  For Laurent, who is a Nemesi, or what you would call a vampire, I like something edgier, a little darker.  I have a playlist for this type of music which includes Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, and Red.  For Anneliese, my female bad-ass pilot, I like something a little different and have a set with TRON:Legacy Soundtrack, Muse, The Black Keys, Radiohead and 30 Seconds to Mars.  They can help with emotions and feel, they actually have empathy for my character.


     How about you?  Do you have a thing that helps you get into your characters head?  I'd love to hear about it!


Clear Ether!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...