Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A few distractions

I've been taking an art class on Monday evenings and trying to improve my penciling.  This was my first try after many years:
It's far from perfect, but its a starting point.  I need to work on my shading a lot more.  One of the guys in my class is unbelievably good at it.


Next I decided to try some pastel chalk drawing.  I've never used it before so I decided to start with something I thought would be easier than a face:


I'm working on a new pastel chalk that is secret.  it's going to be a gift for someone.  I'll post it when I finish and give it to the recipient.  I would post my work in progress, but the person reads this blog occasionally.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, Todd, those are awesome! I draw, too...or at least, I used to, it's been a while. And I have to say I am one shady artist...what's up with that, shouldn't shading be really boring? It totally makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! An artist, too? These are great!

    I'm lucky to draw stick figures. I think that's why I liked taking pictures, since I couldn't draw worth sh*t!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri, it has been almost 25 years since I've drawn anything, so it was fun. I'm getting my eye back, I can really see it on the one I am working on. I can't wait to show it.

    Thanks Stacy! I am trying tap in to that right side of the brain.

    Thank you both for the kind words! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd, these are very impressive! I have no talent when it comes to art but I love looking at it and appreciating it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen! I appreciate your appreciation! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! Thanks for the share. Looking forward to seeng more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Karen and Elizabeth! I am enjoying getting back into it. =)

    ReplyDelete

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...