Sunday, April 3, 2011

From Guilt to Remorse

I miss writing.  But it’s more like a nostalgia thing now.


At first I felt guilty.  Writing everyday has been a part of my routine that I worked very hard to make a habit. The only thing I've written is my blog for the last month.  The worst part is my studying is not going fast enough.  I thought I would be ready to take the first test by now, but I am only halfway through the material, with 5 tests still in front of me.


It's been long enough now that my habit is broken.  Now I feel remorse for my writing habit and my orphaned book that is about 97% written and I have nothing to show for it.  I don't mean to whine, really.  It's just a fact of life for my current state of affairs.  I really need to pull the belt even tighter and really focus on my studies so I can get back to finishing my book.  I still check-in on Twitter and blogs and see who is posting what, and I'm thrilled some of you are making real progress out there.  I can live vicariously through your successes. =)

I am hopeful to find some balance so that I can write at least a few days a week, even if its just for an hour or two.  On the good news front, My wife and I are doing the P90X workout.  She is really doing great and is a week ahead of me on the program.

I miss you all more than I anticipated, I hope you are doing well!

Clear Ether!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Todd!
    At least you know school won't last forever. It's a temporary setback. Once it's done, you'll be able to get back to your book and finish it. I have faith!

    I've finally finished my book last weekend and took the week off. I hated not being able to write during that time. No surprise I started a new one on Friday! Boy, did that feel good. It'll be the same for you, too. You'll be back in the groove once you're able.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no way to sneak 30 minutes in, once per day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy! I'm glad you found a new story to work on! I am tempted to just finish the book. I don't think I am going to finish the testing in time for this cycle and that will add an entire year to the time I have available.

    Hi Ivy! The thing that is stopping me is the stuff I am reading is putting my muse to sleep. I feel like I need to make the study the priority or it won't get done so I start with it. Maybe I need to switch it up occasionally.

    Thanks for stopping by both of you! =)

    ReplyDelete

I've Moved

The Wordpress blog has been alive about the same length of time as this one, but my impression as I move forward is Wordpress will be a...